Wednesday, September 24, 2014

The product: 7 inches of bliss

I realize I’ve been talking about building marketing strategies and release plans, but I haven’t exactly explained what the product will be.

That would probably be quite helpful; it would definitely help you understand what I’m attempting as a label.

So…

The release I’m currently gearing up for is “7 Inches of Bliss” by Pantaloon Descendo.

“7 inches of bliss”, because it’s on 7-inch vinyl, but also because it refers to … uhm… the male apparatus. So, there’s a cool double-entendre there which I consider to be rather novel; I've decided to exploit this in the artwork:



It’s a short release: only 3 songs. Funny light-hearted songs. And there will only be 100 copies, all of them hand-drawn, hand-coloured and hand-numbered in order to increase collector appeal. It was a painstakingly long operation involving drawing 100 copies, colouring 100 copies, hand-writing 100 copies. It took me countless hours to get it done. Months. MONTHS!!!

In order to help promote the release, The Mustache Club will be releasing two official music videos.
I already shot and edited both of them, I’m just waiting to build my promotional plan for the release and for the music videos before I roll them out.


Essentially, until it’s released, all promotional initiatives described in this blog refer to “7 inches of bliss”.

No comments:

Post a Comment