Monday, September 15, 2014

A beginning

For the last decade, I’ve been creating music under the name of Pantaloon Descendo, as a genre one could label as “comedy music”.

It revolves around a ukulele backbone for confrontational lyrics. Or, kid music with adult-themed lyrics.

No subjects taboo: murder, prostitution, rape... Anything goes!

If there’s human misery, I like to think there’s comedy in it.

It’s not for everyone, I’m aware.

It’s more of a novelty thing.

But I like to think there’s an audience for it. I’ve been struggling with coming up with an audience.

I’ve reached the point where I’ve been writing music for decades, now is the time to release some of it.

So, I founded my own label, The Mustache Club, as a means to back Pantaloon Descendo’s releases.

This is a label that’s in its infancy.


This blog will attempt to make sense of establishing a very low-key music label in today’s ever-evolving fast-paced music world.

No comments:

Post a Comment