Thursday, September 25, 2014

Popular Problems in the music industry

Sometimes, I feel like I’m the only dink out there supporting the CD industry.

I don’t purchase as many as I once did. Maybe one every two weeks. Once upon a time, I bought roughly 10 new CDs a month. I guess I would purchase more; I’m just not that interested in a lot of new bands. So I’m just purchasing albums from artists I already love, whenever they release new albums. I’m that guy who goes to HMV to purchase the latest album on the release day.
But I’m still out there, supporting the CD industry.

Call me dumb, but I’d rather pay $12 and get a physical CD than pay $9 and only get the mp3 version. 


Earlier, I picked up Leonard Cohen's new album, "Popular Problems". Leonard Cohen has always been some sort of a visionary. Or maybe it might be more accurate to say he carries an aura of wisdom. Anyhow, I like to think his aptly-named album carries a secondary meaning that relates to the recording industry...

Physical versus digital; purchase an album or pirate it; try to sign with a label versus stay independent... 

"Popular Problems" in the music world indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment