Thursday, September 18, 2014

Current hiccups: Web site and Marketing Campaign

At this point, Pantaloon Descendo’s debut vinyl “7 inches of bliss” is ready to be released:

1) The EP has been recorded, mixed, mastered and pressed
2) All 100 sleeves have been hand-drawn, hand-coloured and hand-numbered
3) The music videos that will support “7 inches of bliss” have been shot and edited

I’m almost there.

At this point, there are two things I need to do for this ride to truly begin:


1) Establish a web store

There’s no point in releasing a 7 inch EP and advertising it if no one can buy it.
So, I need to build a decent web store.

I can build the backbone of a Web site, but the “store” component is what I’m going to struggle with.

But I need to figure it out if I want to be able to actually sell the albums when they’re released.


2) Build a robust marketing plan

I can record an album. I can shoot a music video.

But getting the word out… Spreading the news that Pantaloon Descendo is releasing an album, and that Pantaloon Descendo is releasing a music video is where I’m going to struggle the most.

I’ll need to create a good marketing plan in order to get the word out there.


Any suggestions? Tips? Things to avoid? 
Let me know, I could use your help!

No comments:

Post a Comment